Pages

Sunday, February 17, 2013

My Passion

I have a strong commitment and dedication to the wellbeing and prosperity of children, youth and their communities. As a graduate of Political Science, I gained a deep appreciation and enthusiasm for the power of a healthy, growing community. I believe that school is the first place students begin to understand this concept and I take it as my responsibility to teach it.

Upon obtaining my Master’s of Education, Curriculum and Instruction and Multiple Subject Teaching Credential, I aim to fully dedicate my time in California classrooms, and eventually seek participation in school administration. Within school administration I plan to promote policies and practices that will help improve both teaching and learning at various levels of the educational system. The policies and practices in place will be for the overall benefit of the communities in which I live.

2 comments:

  1. Jasmin, I love your emphasis on community. So often, this aspect of education is overlooked and I am glad that you want to emphasize this within your own classroom. Also, I think you would be a great administrator! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the macro approach of your goals, you will be able to fit your new experiences and abilities as you continue teaching into your goals with little difficulty.

    ReplyDelete